Private 1 Day Petra Tours from Amman
- Enjoy a fully escorted private tour with a licensed Jordanian tour guide
- Comfortable sedan accommodation with Air Conditioning.
- Knowledgable guide throughout the day, not just a driver
- Learn about the Rose City of Petra and the Nabateans who built it
You will be picked up from your Amman hotel in the morning in an air conditioned sedan for your private tour to Petra. Your day will be fully escorted by a Jordanian licensed Tour Guide allowing you to get the most of your visit to the World Wonder.
It is about 3 hours drive on the Desert Highway from Amman to Petra where you will have time to make a stop along the way.
When you arrive at the Petra visitors centre your guide will help you purchase your entrance tickets (approx USD75 per person) and you will begin your tour. An optional horse-back ride is included in your ticket purchase from the visitors centre to the entrance of the Siq canyon that conceals the entrance to the ancient city of Petra.
As you walk the 1.2 km stretch of the Siq, having a knowledgeable guide will show you remains of ancient water systems, carvings and give you a history on how the Siq was formed.
During your tour with your guide, you will visit the Treasury, the Royal Tombs, the Amphitheatre, the Street of Façades and have time to relax, take pictures and enjoy the ambiance of the site. timer permitting your guide will give you free to time explore until it is time to head back to Amman.
Things to Note:
A moderate amount of walking is required in Petra. However, there are limited services for those who have trouble walking. A horse and carriage can be hired for an extra charge that will go the length of the Siq to the Treasury. It does not go past the Treasury. The surface is quite uneven and bumpy in spots.
- Pick up and Drop of from Amman Hotels
- Modern and comfortable sedan with air conditioning and driver
- English speaking professionally licensed tour guide throughout the day
- 6am pickup from your Amman hotel. Return around 6 pm ( depending on weather and traffic )
Does Not Include:
- Entrance to Petra (approx USD70 per person)
- Meals and Drinks
- Travel Insurance